Wednesday, May 9, 2012

NYC Day 3

The last day of our trip...

Well before I start that I want to give a big THANK YOU to my amazing and generous in-laws for planning and arranging such a fun trip. It was so great to be able to spend a weekend with all the ladies and enjoy such an amazing place! THANK YOU!!!!!
CENTRAL PARK:
We woke up and walked to Central Park! We stopped and had breakfast at a nearby cafe first. Then we walked to the park.Once again I was blown away!!! I am so silly and I was basically just expecting a big lawn with some trees....wrong! It was so beautiful! Full of little hills, water, a bridge, lots of flowers and a curved walking trail! So wonderful. We couldn't stay long unfortunately but I would have loved to walk through the whole park. We only got to see a little glimpse. I loved it!!!






Beautiful ladies at the park




The buildings behind the park.




Meredith walking along!




At the park!




Resting on the bench.




Beautiful bridge




Girls on the bridge!

BRUNCH:
Dan's Aunt and Uncle and Cousin and her husband live very close to the city and met us for brunch! So nice of them!!! It was great to see them and catch up a little bit. Then it was off to the airport to fly home. Good by New York....I will miss you!




SURPRISES:

So there were a couple of things that really surprised me about the city!
1) There was never a time I felt unsafe. This really really surprised me. Now I wouldn't go looking for trouble and walk around by myself late at night, but as a general rule it was a safe place to be.

2) It is SO easy to get around the city! The city is basically a giant grid so it was easy to find your way around! We did a lot of walking and that got us to a lot of places! I could not believe that! When we had to take a cab to get some where it was easy and overall not as expensive as I was expecting. We didn't have a chance to take a train or subway but have heard those are surprisingly easy, too! It was over a weekend which probably helped with traffic, but still being able to walk everywhere was a lovely surprise!

3) The buildings are gorgeous! I was expecting lots of tall modern buildings, but was so surprised to see so many beautiful buildings. The architecture there blew me away! The churches and other older buildings are so so beautiful! What a fun surprise!

4) With a city of millions of people I was 1 out of the other 5 people who were noticeably pregnant in the city! Lol!!! I am probably exaggerating...but I don't think by much! During the first day people kept stopping me and asking if I could take their picture. Hmmm..strange I thought. I must look super approachable with my tummy and a cheesy smile plastered on my face. Well as the times people approached me increased I started looking for other preggos and didn't see any! The whole time I was there I saw 2 other pregnant women. What a surprise!

My favorite pregnant story is this:
After dinner one night we were walking back to the hotel. Abbie, Becca and Meredith were in front and Karen and I were a few paces behind. A sketchy looking guy comes up and starts hitting on the girls and is kind of obnoxious ...no surprise they are gorgeous! Well they ignore him and keep walking. He then walks on and approaches us...and says to me, " congratulations!!!" hahah! Can you believe it?!? So I give him a big smile and say, "thank you so much!" he then gives me a big smile and says, "You are welcome. Have a good night!" LOL! It is very interesting being pregnant in NYC!

EXPECTED:
Well as I expected the city is HUGE! There is a lot of people. And it is very expensive! There is so much to do and so much excitement.

I am already planning another trip in my head....New York City is basically the coolest place!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it lived up to your expectations! :) Can't wait to go someday!

    ReplyDelete